Blog Action Day is an annual event in which all bloggers around the world post about the same topic during the same day (this year it's October 16) - and this year it all revolves around FOOD!!
This event aims to increase awareness about hot topics worth discussing globally, topics that affect us all and impact our lives everyday, hoping that such discussions would generate new ideas, plans and actions, kind of like a global brainstorming! Since 2007, topics such as poverty, water, environment and climate change in which more than 10,000 bloggers have participated!
So why FOOD?!
Food is part of our daily lives, part of our culture and identities!
The topic of food is broad: from celebrating feasts, cooking, famines, obesity, food politics, food production, food chemistry, to the nutrients it provides us with or the toxins and unhealthy components it may contain, I mean the list is endless!
Blog Action Day even provided us with a list just to inspire all bloggers out there! Some of which are:
- Obesity or famines
- Favorite foods and recipes
- Hunger and poverty
- Healthy vs junk food
- How industries and politics affect food
- Traditional/cultural food
- Your relationship with food, what it means in your life
- Growing your own food
- Will we able to feel 9 billion people in 2050
- Are you a vegetarian or a meat eater and why
- Strangest thing you've ever eaten
- Delicious food you had on your last trip
- Your struggle with food
- Foods that are good for your health or immunity
- Awareness you would love people to know about food
No one can deny that food has a huge impact on each of our lives and hence that's what Blog Action Day is all about! So register your blog here and take part of this global action!
If you're on twitter, don't forget to hash tag your post with #BAD11 so we can all get a glimpse of what each of us has written!
Info source: Blog Action Day