I bumped into this "smart" 3 minute brownies on loled.net, so I thought of giving it a try - given that it will only take few minutes, so how hard can it be!
Turns out, it was easy, quick and d-e-licious!!
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp powdered milk (go with low fat)
- 3 tbsp oil
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup of water (1 cup=240 mL)
- 1 mug
- Mix flour, sugar and cocoa together in the mug
- Mix in 1 egg thoroughly
- Mix the powdered milk with water separately then pour it in the mug (or you can mix the powdered milk with the flour, sugar and cocoa then add water - your call)
- Pour oil and mix well
- Add chopped nuts
- Put in the microwave for 3 minutes on maximum power
- Watch it rise and settle in the mug, then spoon your warm brownies out!
You don't have to be an experience cook to make it happen - deliciously if I might add. Best thing of all is portion-size control! No brownies left overs to stuff my face with later on. I just baked one mug of brownies and shared it with my mom and sister. It could actually be a smart idea if you have people over where each one will get to have his own small brownie. Just go with fancier microwaveable cups - not a home mug like mine.