Tawlet's Souk el Tayeb is an open exquisite kitchen where cooks and producers prepare typical, authentic Lebanese food, every day from their own Lebanese regions. Well, long story short, Tawlet will be celebrating the National Tabboule Day the most famous and delicious salad in my world and in Lebanon!
This event will take place on the 2nd of July from 9.00 am till 2.00 pm in Biel.
Not only is it fresh and delicious, but Tabboule is also:
- Easy to prepare. You can check its recipe here. It is pretty easy to make, but I just can't seem to master the super finely chopped parsley - so that's where mom comes in!
- Rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals like quercetin, lycopene, allium and lutein >> all these fancy names can actually help your body fight diseases, cancer and aging!
- Rich in fibers - perfect for laxating your gastrointestinal tract, aka intestines
- Rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K - helping your gums, skin, intestines - to name a few!
- Contains olive oil = monounsaturated fats that are perfect for your heart, of course in moderation.
So join Tawlet at Souk Beirut to celebrate this fine dish! You can also take place in their best Tabboule competition that will be held in 3 different Tabboule categories: The traditional dish, winter tabboule and creative one!
And yes, this day has been made official by the Ministry of Tourism since 2007 so Long Live Tabboule!