|What will you be doing to 'Revolt for Food'?|
My first snack can be a filling breakfast or a good afternoon snack, my Kiwi-Coconut Overnight Oatmeal.
So given that I decided to blend kiwi with coconut in this snack, I can't use any nut milk, it
So now back to the overnight oatmeal. The whole concept behind overnight oatmeal is dedicated to people in a rush especially in the morning. They are usually prepared one day ahead & they're fluffier, thicker (because the oats and milk soak together overnight) and served cold.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 medium kiwi
- 1 tsp unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 6 soaked almonds
- The whole concept is to stir in all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight. However, my sister wanted a different 'flavor', so I only mixed the rolled oats with the coconut milk together and refrigerated them.
- The next morning I mixed mine with kiwi slices, soaked almonds (just because I like how crunchy these are) and shredded coconut while my sister mixed hers with blackberries, bananas and raw cashews.
You can actually check lots of good overnight oatmeal recipes here, the base is kind of the same, oats with your choice of milk/yogurt but the rest differs! How to 'garnish' overnight oatmeal options is infinite between adding pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, chia seeds, flaxseeds, ginger, nutmeg, cocoa nibs, unsweetened cocoa powder, almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanut butter, macademia or dried shredded coconut with your choice of in-season dried or fresh fruit. Easy, quick, icy, healthy and delicious!
So what will you do to get involved in the upcoming Food Revolution Day??